Thursday, October 13, 2005

Day 18

All of my earthly possessions are now out of storage and in my parents garage/living room. My parents are thrilled.

Well, not everything. Some of my things are also on the slow boat to The Netherlands. I sent the first package almost a month ago and it has yet to reach its destination. I have this horrible fear that everything will be lost and I'll have no shoes. Just about everything else is replaceable, but man... I love those shoes.

Got rid of my car today. Donated some stuff to Goodwill. Took other things to an online auction business to be sold on Ebay. Rough day. Not easy to part with some of these belongings but I know it must be done. My ex told me one time that maybe he got over things (me? our marriage? our divorce?) faster than me because he didn't have to be around our stuff and constantly reminded of our everyday life together. Yippee for him. Yes, this is tough to sift through all of it. Wish I could've walked away too and taken the easy way out.

Yes, this is bitter. And yes, this is how I'm feeling today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home