Friday, October 07, 2005

Today is DAY 24 until I leave. My departure date is rapidly approaching and as it gets closer I find my emotions are swinging wildly between extreme excitement and anxiety about what my new life will be like. (and maybe throw in a dash of mourning for my past married life... you'd think after 2 years I'd be over this, but I find that I'm not. Maybe I never will be.)

I spoke with Randy -- the guy who auctioned off my belongings -- and he informed me that he sold some of my furniture incomplete. Namely, my dining room table was sold without the glass. (which as you can imagine greatly reduces the value) This absolutely infuriates me because this was the one item that I thought I'd get some money for. And when he was picking up my things, I asked him twice if he had the glass. Both times he said yes. I was so upset after I spoke to him that I just couldn't let it rest. I called him back and gave him an earful about how disappointed I was that he didn't even call me to tell me the glass was missing. He promptly blamed me for not noticing that he didn't have the glass in his truck. Huh? How the hell am I supposed to know when I keep asking him and keeps telling me he has it?

I know it's just stuff and I shouldn't get so upset. But really this auction means money for me and Martijn and our new life together.

I have no idea how much I've made from the sale. I'm supposed to call today to find out, but I'm nervous that the number is going to be really low.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

:( I'm sorry about that, Love! That sucks!! That guy sounds like an ass. I hope you made more than you expect.

As for mourning your married life, I do that, too. Hard not to, I guess, when the guys we were married to are great fellas, just not "great for us."

Anyway, kisses!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home