Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I spent the night in Amsterdam last night to give myself a little breather from the hateful travel. The nice -- and incredibly sarcastic (which makes her even better) -- British woman I work with offered up her spare room and I gotta say, the break was very welcome. I slept many many hours... deep, heavy, drool-on-the-pillow sleep. But before I crawled into bed, I wandered through the lovely Vondelpark and looked at all the happy Dutch people enjoying the beautiful weather. I also sat outside at an Italian cafe, read a book, sipped a little wine and nibbled on antipasto.

As you can imagine, my life is a lot more enjoyable now. So... against the advice printed on my crazy pills, I've decided to go back to being "Unmedicated Angela." Medicated Angela is rather pleasant, I guess. She doesn't cry much and her emotions are fairly stable, but Unmedicated Angela feels more like herself and much more creative. So... out with the pills. I think the sunshine and new-found activity will keep the crazies at bay. At least I hope so.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope so to!! Considering you will be visiting us for a WHOLE month.

:-)

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Ang, I hope you're being careful. Don't they make after school specials about people who take themselves off their medications without doctor supervision?

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home