Friday, April 28, 2006

So, I know I'm supposed to tell you all about Turkey... and I promise pictures and fun stories of our holiday are soon to come. However, I've just spent the past 2 hours collecting quotes about love and marriage for my friend's upcoming wedding and I thought I'd share my favorites with you today. Enjoy!


We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
-- Anonymous

Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important.
-- Lisa Hoffman

(Um, am I a geek because I like this one?)

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.
-- Lao Tzu

Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that.
-- Michael Leunig

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
-- William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act i. Sc. 1.

Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

(The above quote is, perhaps, the one that comes closest to explaining my philosophy of marriage.)

A good marriage is like a casserole, only those responsible for it really know what goes in it.
-- Anonymous

Marriage is not a ritual or an end. It is a long, intricate, intimate dance together and nothing matters more than your own sense of balance and your choice of partner.
-- Amy Bloom

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
-- Anonymous

If ever two were one, then surely we.If ever man were loved by wife, then thee.
-- Anne Bradstreet

Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.
-- Rose Franken

Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts.
-- William Shakespeare, King Henry the Sixth

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.

-- Mignon McLaughlin

May my heart be your shelter, and my arms be your home.

-- Marianne Williamson

Married couples who love each other tell each other a thousand things without talking.

-- Chinese proverb

When you make a sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship.

-- Joseph Campbell

Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.

-- Barnett R. Brickner

Don't smother each other. No one can grow in shade.

-- Leo Buscaglia

Only choose in marriage a man whom you would choose as a friend if he were a woman.

-- Joseph Joubert

When a match has equal partners then I fear not.
-- Aeschylus

Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day.

-- Barbara De Angelis

Be to their virtue very kind; be to their faults a little blind. -- Matthew Prior

This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
-- Anonymous

The four most important words in any marriage..."I'll do the dishes."

-- Anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home