Friday, March 17, 2006

HAPPY ONE HUNDRETH POSTING!

Yes, I've been blah blah blah-ing for months already and now here I am, the proud mother of 100 posts!

To commemorate this special day, I thought I would issue some sort of challenge. Something to get your brain juices flowing... a chance for you to write your thoughts... and a chance for me to see my comments section filled (because I'm a comment whore and I feel like "you like me! you really like me! when I see that number go up...)

Here goes:

You've contracted a horrifying and highly contaigous tropical disease while swimming with crocodiles in the Amazon. (don't ask me... you're the one that thought that was a good idea...) You're doctor has just informed you that you only have 100 hours left to live. Not days, HOURS. During this time, you will be completely healthy. (Which, I understand, is so misleading, but trust me... at the 100th hour, your internal organs will liquify and run out your nostrils...) You are also quarantined. You may not jump on a plane and go ride camels to the pyramids. You may not go to Vegas to gamble away all your savings. You must stay put and enjoy the place you're in.

What will you do with your last remaining hours?

Okay, I'll go first:

Everyday, I wake up to the smell of bacon frying. I eat one pound of bacon and 3 Boston creme doughnuts. The kind with the yellow custardy center, not the white sugary center...

I fornicate. A lot.

I learn to tango.

I kiss and cuddle and hug and kiss some more. (with M, of course... and my kitties... )

I drink champagne ALL DAY LONG and with EVERYTHING.

I fly my parents over here pronto so they too can enjoy the copious amounts of dougnuts and bacon at my house.

I ride my bike alongside M's bike and hold his hand. While I make fun of this Dutch custom every time I see it, I also find it unbearably cute.

I watch the sunrise. (no REALLY, I would drag my lazy ass outta bed if I knew I was gonna die soon...)

I buy a wickedly expensive pair of Manolo Blahniks and where them ALL THE TIME.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to burst your last 100 hour bubble, but...it's your challenge.
You are quarantined...which means unless you are willing to give M and your parents this horrible nostril draining disease, you can't fornicate, tango (with a partner), cuddle or kiss, fly your parents over, or bike (unless it's stationary, of course).
Maybe you can change the rules a bit. ;)

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bacon, schmakin'!!

I would fly over there just so I could enjoy watching your internal organs liquefy and run out your nostrils.

I, of course, would be polishing off your champagne during the "show".

:-)

11:39 PM  
Blogger A said...

okay, so let me rephrase... the quarantine is kinda loosey goosey. (your doctor isn't very thorough) So, you can see your loved ones and such and ride bikes and go buy stupidly expensive shoes, but you can't leave the town you currently live in... in other words (and this is more for me than you) you must appreciate the place you live in.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I've been tied up with all these Scuba classes I'm taking. Who knew breathing underwater would be so fucking hard?

As for your challenge. I haven't really processed it too much. Here's 5 random thing I would want to do, in no special order...

1) I would do an action that would force me to confront my greatest fear/phobia. For example: Singing with Coldplay on stage for one song.

2) I would gather my three favorite books and read passages that meant a lot in shaping me.

3) I would call everyone who i needed to make amends with, and sincerely try to do so. I would let people needing to make amends with me have that chance.

4) I would call my dearest friends and family...and try to plainly telll them how much I loved them using ways they would understand

5) I would meditate the last thirty minutes and either look at the night sky, the rising sun, the setting sun or a series of clouds. Or maybe a group of children at play. Nevertheless - I would wait for the first sign of liquification...

I read from some accounts that moments of extreme pain actually overload your body wiht endorphins that actually work as well as any narcotic.

I would wait to see if that was true.

If not, It's time for a little morphine...Goodbye pain. Hello tommorrow.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. looks like people aren't as introspective as we thought.

on second thought - can you delete mine...

it's starting to look very "brokeback" to me.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Everything I can first think to write seems so petty in the grand scheme of things...like consuming copious amounts of chocolate or having wild orgies...in the end, I think the last 100 hours would be most prosperously spent talking to my family (being with them if possible) and just having my man hold me. I'd also want my kitty by me. I'd look at all the pictures I'd collected over my lifetime and think back on the best experiences. I'd probably cry a lot and berate God. Then, hopefully I'd find some kind of peace and go out somewhere in the wilderness, somewhere alone in nature and pray and face the last minutes of my life. On one hand, I would want my loved ones by me in the last minutes, but on the other hand, I wouldn't want them to witness me having death convulsions or my brains running out my nose.

p.s. I'd probably also publish some kind of article for mankind about why it's really stupid to go swimming in the Amazon with crocodiles...

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home