Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Since the bombshell of yesterday, it's been an emotional rollercoaster for me. I don't think I can get into the details of everything that I'm thinking and feeling about my ex-husband remarrying other than to say 2 things:

1) This is yet another event that has given me a hard shove into mourning the death of that relationship. I know most people in my life think that "what's done is done" and "that's all in the past" and "hey, weren't you the one that wanted the separation?" and all those things I should realize and/or be thinking right now. But well... I can't help how I feel. I just can't. It's not me. I am and always will be a highly emotional person and, well, I guess it takes me a long time to get over things -- or better said, maybe I never get over things like this. I mean, hell, I sometimes even think about my poor sweet kitty Puddy who got run over when I was in 3rd grade. I have love notes from elementary school. I cried when I sold my old Volvo because I knew it was gonna be crushed into scrap metal. (and those, in the grand scheme of life, are pretty trivial things... my marriage and eventual divorce certainly are not.) Sometimes, my emotions seem silly even to me, but I guess as I get older I'm learning to accept the fact of who I am. My grandchildren will probably find those old love notes from elementary school because I'm never going to be "mature" enough to do away with the things of the past -- certainly not the things that touched my heart.

2) I am very very lucky. Not only do I have excellent girlfriends who let me whine and whimper on about things they've heard about a millions times before, but I also have managed to find someone who is emotionally mature enough (and affectionate and supportive) to understand that all this isn't a reflection of how I feel about him. No "but you have me," no avoiding me because I'm sad, no anger whatsoever that this man from my past is currently very much in my present. He's just there, telling me to feel bad if I want to and encouraging me to look towards my future... our future.

Okay, that's it... now to change the beat. (because I'm scatterbrained and by god that's how I... hey look over there! A pretty bird!! ha ha... okay if you didn't get that, I'm not gonna explain it to you)

Anyway, here's a picture I told you about ages ago when we had the first snowfall here. M just took a photo of it for me. Behold, the Snow Penis of Enschede:













My favorite part is the ladies giggling. Cracks me up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...nice to see you're coming out of this ok.

i wish i could type more...but the employees are acting like a bunch of monkeys.

:)

i'll leave you with this -- lyrics to the song currently playing on the Ipod...The more you write about M - the more I like him. I hope both of you find the joy, hope and peace you seek in each other.

Kingdom Come

Steal my heart and hold my tongue
I feel my time
My time has come
Let me in
Unlock the door
I never felt this way before

And the wheels just keep on turning
The drummer begins to drum
I don’t know which way I’m going
I don’t know which way I’ve come

Hold my head inside your hands
I need someone who understands
I need someone, someone who hears
For you I’ve waited all these years
For you I’d wait till kingdom come
Until my day, my day is done
And say you'll come and set me free
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me

In your tears and in your blood
In your fire and in your flood
I hear you laugh, I heard you sing
I wouldn’t change a single thing
And the wheels just keep on turning
The drummers begin to drum
I don’t know which way I’m going
I don’t know what I’ve become

For you I’d wait till kingdom come
Until my days, my days are done
And say you'll come and set me free
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was there a model for the Snow Penis?

And, if there was, could you get his name for me?

LOL!!

(You're groaning and saying, "Oh, mom!!!" aren't you?)

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

momsy, are you sure you want to know who the model was?

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... maybe not? :-)

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home