Friday, March 03, 2006

Holy moly, I had 8 comments on my blog! (uh, well... one was mine, so let's not count that one) But wow... I feel special.

I figured this post would get some of my girlfriends out there all riled up and I'm glad you guys weighed in. As I have no clue how exactly my life will change once (if) a baby comes along, it's good for me to get a glimpse of my possible future by hearing your first hand accounts. Now that I've synthesized your comments in my noggin, I've decided the following:

1) Baby daddy will be selfless -- something of a male Mother Theresa

2) Baby daddy will be able to afford a nanny and a maid

3) Babby daddy will also be able to afford a personal trainer (to help lose that pregnancy weight -- alright that one's strictly for me) Ooooh... and while we're at it, said personal trainer will be named Marco and will be tall with dark good looks and an accent. Baby daddy will always leave Marco and I alone for our "workouts."

4) Babby daddy will love to cook and will exercise this talent often (preferably food that tastes like it's from a 5-star restaurant but only has, like, 48 calories. We don't want to undo all of Marco's hard work, now do we?)

5) Babby daddy will finish everyday with this line "Sweetie, you are the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen and I feel so incredibly lucky that you decided that I was worthy of being your babby daddy."

6) This sentence will quickly be followed with "May I please give you a foot rub now?"

What do you think? Asking too much?




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie, you are the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen and I feel so incredibly lucky that you decided that I am worthy of being your babby daddy.

May I please give you a foot rub now?

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, sorry for the long post. But it's funny I read your blog right after my husband sent me this little joke today:

A store that sells husbands has just opened, where a woman may go to choose a husband.

Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how
the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE!

There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as
the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch -- you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may
choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband...

On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs and love the Lord.

The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.

The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop- dead good looking and help with the housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and
the sign reads:

Floor 6 - "You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.

Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as
you exit the building, and have a nice day!"

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to see M join the fray.
wonder if the alpha male in him was stirred up with all the previous dialogue.

as for your plan itself.

it's amusing to read...

i'm sure you two will make great parents. i personally am interested to see hwhat this american/dutch fusion creates in terms of your kid(s) personalities...

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home