Monday, January 23, 2006

The Diet, Week 2:

Today's weekly weigh in... dah te de dah!

133

Er, what? Hang on... that's what I was last week.

Okay, okay, so I admit, I wasn't all gung-ho last week like I had been the first week. I just wasn't. BUT... I did watch it a bit. I didn't even eat a single potato! (unless you count the few french fries I stole from M's plate.) I didn't drink any beer (unless you count the ones Friday night.) And I hardly had any chocolate (unless you count what i had last night... and on Wednesday... and... uh... the chocolate chips -- thank you Cherish! -- I had on Saturday.)

Do you count those? Naw, me either.

Hmmmm... I guess this whole business of losing weight takes more concentrated effort. Mental note to self: Must NOT make my old college roommate's recipe for no-bake cookies this week. Must realize that even though they have oatmeal in them, they are NOT healthy.

Onto a completely different subject...

I need to issue a warning: Do not spend your hard-earned money on the movie Casanova. Though I do realize there are girls out there that get all quivery in the knickers for Heath Ledger, this is one of the worst movies I've ever had to sit through. (and, unfortunately, i DID have to sit through it. I didn't pay for the movie tickets and it would've been rude to get up and leave.)

Though the movie looked pretty, the script was abysmal. Take this little gem of a line, for example. "This is the last time I'm riding coach!" -- uttered by a woman riding in a coach during a chase scene in downtown Vienna. Can you get more corny?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...that's sad to hear.

the story of casanova and Bruni (is that who it's based on?) is classic seduction 101.

Basically - how do you play a player?

No matter what you do -- DO NOT SEE HOSTEL. Ugh. Worthless.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What I need is a woman who is something, anything; either very beautiful or very kind or in the last resort very wicked; very witty or very stupid, but something..."

-- Casanova

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home