Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I Be Stayin'

After much weighing of the pros and cons (pro -- I love NY, con -- I love NY and may not want to return to Holland) M and I have decided I should decline my friend's generous offer.

Well, I say "we" but ultimately it was my decision. M had arguments for encouraging me to go, but in the end we decided to employ my friend Tamela's very scientific method for making big decisions:

We flipped a coin.

Heads, I go. Tails, I stay.

When the coin turned up tails, it chrystallized our emotions about me leaving. (or rather staying) We both felt more comfortable with that option.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that friend of yours must be super intelligent....and, i bet she's a knockout too. :)

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, "tyd", Angela's friend is a knockout. ;-)


I think I will start employing that simplistic approach to decision-making. If only I had learned of it earlier in my life. :-)


I now feel free to address something in your last post... Your ex is not your ex because of your career choice.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah - your ex was your ex because he was an asshole.

:)

2:26 PM  
Blogger A said...

Whoa! Stop right there! My ex is not an asshole. He's a very sweet man. (Just not the right partner for me.)

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's obvious, "anonymous" that you do/did not know Angela's ex. Therefore, you are not in a position to judge him.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi angela, just checked out your blog. I can relate to many of your posts and wish you the best of luck here in Holland. I'm not even sure where Enschede is but it sounds far away!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::shrugs shoulders::

I was using it as a verb...not a noun.

We're all assholes at times the more I think about it.

So the assumption is still correct.

Wait - let me flip a coin.



Yep - he's an asshole.
;)

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, can't say I'm not disappointed, but jobs do come and go. But next time, I won't be your boss. I'll be your boss' boss. ;)

Just joking. Now you and M will definitely both have to come visit me in NYC soon, together. I owe him for the "fries of war."

Be well! BTW-- NYC winters aren't exactly mild either (this coming from a Chicagoan).

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home