Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Geek Injuries

No, I haven't gotten lazy. And yes, things are still going on in my life that are blog-worthy. However, I've managed to develop the all-time geek injury -- repetitive stress syndrome. (or carpal tunnel, if you prefer that term...) The months of hammering out my inane thoughts here (and also IMing with my equally geeky boyfriend while we were separated) have left me with some pretty pesky pain in my hands and lower arms. It's not horrible yet, and I don't think I'm quite at the point of wearing those fingerless medical gloves, but I see physical therapy in my future.

So, what this means is that now that my brain is okay, my body's falling apart.

But luckily, I have a month of vacation coming up to rest my poor hands. Well, does gripping a beer bottle aggravate carpal tunnel? Hmmmm...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gripping a beer bottle is one of the worst things you can do when suffering with carpal tunnel.

However, holding a Cosmopolitan-filled martini glass or a margarita glass is actually theraputic.

;-)

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...
Who knew the downhill slide would happen so quickly.

:)~

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home