Monday, September 25, 2006

Missing my Car

This is a rainsuit.



This is what you have to wear on your bike when you live in a soggy country where you 1) Don't have your license 'cause you didn't feel like paying 300 Euros to get it and 2) Can't drive the car all the time anyway because it costs about $100 to fill the tank.

Today, I have to bike about 40 minutes (1 way!) to the place where I'll be taking my Dutch courses. (It's a test of my skills. I gotta talk and write and do Dutch the whole time... yikes) Because I'm traveling a healthy distance on my bike, M thought it would be good idea if I was introduced to his rainsuit -- just in case, not that it ever happens, but just to be careful -- it should rain on my way there. I have resisted the idea of the rainsuit since I heard such an awful thing exists, but last night I finally gave in. I realized this thing is better than spending a few hours in soggy jeans and dripping hair.

And because my heart was filled with such glee, such pure unadultered joy, that I had finally succumbed and accepted that the rainsuit is my future, I couldn't help giving M a ringing rendition of "Singing in the Rain." If only I'd had a few lampposts to twirl around.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

I am laughing at--er--I mean--with you.

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wearing that suit, you're as crazy as a door

3:54 PM  
Blogger A said...

Well done, Anonymous!! I think you could be an honorary Dutch person now!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home