Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Public (and brief) Love Letter to M

Today is a special day.

One year ago, I arrived in Holland to start my new life with you.

I was excited, scared, doubtful, happy, already homesick, nervous, and giddy. It was a potent mix of emotions. And as you and I both know, those intense, confused, and often-times tumultuous emotions didn't leave me for the entire year. In fact, they pushed me into the blackest place I've ever been.

But despite all that... despite our fights... my depression... my bitching about the weather... my homesickness (and divorcesickness, if I can create a new word...) and my fears about who I am and about what my life here is supposed to be...

I have not regretted -- for one single second -- coming here to be with you.

I feel very lucky to be in love with such a rare and wonderful person. I look forward to what our next year together will bring.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, Ang.

Following your heart can sometimes be difficult under normal circumstances but being brave enough to pack your bags and move across an ocean takes a special kind of courage and optimism.

Congratulations to both of you and I wish you and M many, many extraordinary years together.


Michelle :)
Australia

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home