Monday, November 21, 2005

Alrighty, so the big dreaded "Meeting of the Parents" wasn't too bad. They seemed quite nice, if a tad... um... well... reserved. But, hopefully, future meetings will be even smoother.

I managed to make a meal that his parents enjoyed (erg lekker! "very tasty") and they're was only one moment that was horribly awkward -- when M's mom let loose on how crappy she thinks the US's system of government is and explained that the Dutch way is superior. Ummmm... okay. She might be right, but did I need to be given this opinion the FIRST night we met? I don't think so. (A friend suggested that maybe this was her way of venting her frustration at me for being the cause of "the breakup." Hmmmm... interesting theory... )

On the bright side, M's dad is definately attractive and now I have high hopes for M's aging process. :-)


2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

How long had he and the ex been together? Where do his parents live? What did you make for dinner? Could I be any more nosey?? ;)

1:10 AM  
Blogger A said...

He and the ex had been together for 5 years. His parents live in Assen. I made pasta with chicken, pesto sauce, pine nuts, and sauteed red peppers. (and a salad and cinnamon ice cream with panfried apples on top)

Anything else?

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home