Sunday, August 21, 2005

Hello blogging world... This all feels so new, so I'm not entirely sure what to write. Hmmm... okay, first, about me. I'm 32. I'm a Sagittarius (which according to my horoscope means I "like travel and making friends.") I hate kidney beans, but love edamame. My ribs on the right side are dented a little. (sort of like those cans of veggies at the supermarket that they sell for half price) A million years ago when I was in college, my favorite band was Jane's Addiction. I'm an unemployed TV producer and I'm currently living with my parents back in the little town I grew up in -- Greencastle, PA. Even better, I just took a job bartending in one of our local redneck bars. I feel a little out of place there -- I'm the only one who doesn't have a tattoo. I'm afraid of needles, but I'm thinking if I get a mullet, that might help me fit in a little better.

But I have a good excuse for living at home right now ... I was just in China for the past three months and in two months I'll be moving to the Netherlands.

That's enough for now. You and I will get to know each other a lot better, I think. Oh wait, this thing is one-sided, isn't it? Okay, I'll write, you'll read. (I hope...)

But let's begin back in China because that's where my obsession with blogging/keeping an e-journal started. I was doing my TV producing thing last spring when my work started to slow down drastically. I'd also been saving money like crazy for the past few years after I'd separated from my husband. (ah yes... another big detail... I'm divorced... ) On impulse, I emailed some Chinese friends and told them I was interested in coming to China for awhile. (I've always wanted to see Asia) They didn't hesitate -- told me to come over as soon I could and they'd help find me a job.

So, for the past three months, I've been sending my friends emails of my China adventures. I'll now post them here...

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Penny Lane said...

You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly! Welcome home!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home